You access and enable the DataStax API from Google Cloud Platform. After authorizing the service, you can enable the DataStax API and access DataStax Astra, where you can create a Cassandra database.
- Log in to Google Cloud Platform.
- Access the DataStax API in Google Cloud Platform.
- Enable the DataStax API service.
- If this is your first time accessing the DataStax API service, click Purchase Plan. Enter the required information to authorize the service and begin adding charges for any resources on the associated account.
- If you previously authorized the service, click Enable.
- In the DataStax API service, click Overview in the left navigation, if not already selected.
- Click Manage via DataStax to open DataStax Astra.
A window opens asking whether you want to share your project number and user ID. Click Confirm.
Note: If this is your first time accessing DataStax Astra, you are prompted to verify your email address:
- Follow the instructions in the dialog that displays to link your Google Cloud Platform account.
- Open your email and click the verification link, which directs you to DataStax Astra.
- Read through the DataStax Early Adopter Program Terms, and click Accept to log in to DataStax Astra.