If you created a Cassandra database, you can grant access to other members of your team by providing them with the database credentials and connection details for your database.
Although teammates can access your Cassandra database, it will not display in their list of available databases under My Databases in the DataStax Astra console.
- Open a browser, navigate to the DataStax Astra console, and log in.
- Click View Existing Databases to view available databases in your organization.
- From the Databases page, under Actions, click the ellipsis (…) for the database you want to connect to and select Connection details.
- Click Close to close the Connection Details window.
- Send the secure connect bundle that you downloaded with the teammate whom you want to grant access to your database.
Important: Be careful when sharing connection details. Providing this information to another user grants them access to your Cassandra database and ownership capabilities, such as making modifications to the database.
- For security, delete downloaded connection credentials after sending them to your teammate.